ERISA, HIPAA, PPACA, COBRA, ADA — you need a guidebook just to keep up with the acronyms, never mind the work that’s required to keep your benefits and wellness programs compliant. While we know how confusing compliance can be, we also know how vital it is to the health and security of your benefits program. That’s why we provide comprehensive compliance support to all of our clients.
At the start of a new relationship, Presidio Benefits Group conducts a comprehensive compliance review of existing programs, policies and procedures coupled with a comprehensive review of all contracts. Based on those activities, we develop an action plan that identifies outstanding compliance concerns, steps required to resolve them, a recommended timetable and roles/responsibilities needed to bring your benefits program into full compliance.
Ongoing, Presidio ensures your program remains in compliance by:
- Supplying checklists of your reporting and disclosure obligations as well as an ERISA calendar
- Creating an employee benefits brochure that includes all applicable disclosures (e.g., Medicare D Notices)
- Analyzing the impact of Healthcare Reform provisions on your current benefit program
- Auditing your master Health and Welfare Plan document after each renewal to ensure that plan and/or carrier changes are captured
- Providing signature-ready 5500 filings at no charge
- Communicating compliance news via Compliance Updates, in-person meetings and emails
- Offering ongoing compliance trainings
Presidio keeps multiple ERISA firms on retainer, including Proskauer Rose. Proskauer is an international law firm and maintains one of the largest and most prominent Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and ERISA Litigation practices. In addition, their Health Care Reform Task Force makes them leaders in the increasingly complex world of healthcare reform. Keeping firms on retainer, rather than building a practice inhouse, allows us to access highly experienced and respected resources that specialize in their given fields. Most of the support we receive from these entities on our clients’ behalf is provided as part of our standard scope of services. If a client has a very specific and time intensive project, we facilitate a direct relationship between the client and counsel.